*That I'm Incredibly Proud Of.
Two years ago, I wrote a list of things I want to do before turning 30, a 30 Before 30 Bucket List. And in that time, I found a new job, brought a human life into the world and got pregnant again. Whoops! Even though I had my plans, life had plans of her own.
Last year, I did a check-in post to see which items I had accomplished and which I still needed to do. But I found that my desires have changed even in this short span of time and while I didn't do half of what I originally wanted to do, I did way more in my twenties that I was anticipating.
Instead of revisiting my 30 Before 30 Bucket List yet again, I thought it would be more beneficial to make a list of 20 Things I've Done in my 20s that I'm Proud of. So, here it is...
20 Things I've Accomplished Before 30:
1. Gave up dieting forever and learned how to trust, accept and love my body.
2. Figured out how to style my curly hair.
3. Discovered the career path I want to pursue.
4. Raised and trained a puppy to be a well-socialized, friendly (albeit very spoiled) adult dog.
5. Remained committed to the love of my life for the entirety of my twenties, worked through all of the tough times and disagreements and emerged each time closer than before.
6. Graduated college.
7. Interviewed Candace Nelson and Katherine Schwarzenegger and got paid real money to do so and write about it.
8. Made a living doing something that I love and am passionate about.
9. Learned how to not waste money or spend on a whim so I can save for the experiences and items that truly matter to me. Plus, I was able to pay off all my loans!
10. Busted my ass, worked for free to gain experience, got rejected for my dream jobs over and over again but never gave up.
11. Paid for my own passport and first international trip.
12. Gave birth naturally--advocated for myself and stayed strong despite the pressure from doctors and nurses to get an epidural.
13. Took a bucket list trip through Europe with a baby. (Not to mention the other trips I was fortunate enough to take.)
14. Established healthy boundaries with people in my life.
15. Educated myself about the perils of the fast fashion industry and decided to be more mindful and do research about the practices of companies before supporting them.
16. Vowed to continue reducing my plastic usage--it's not important to be perfect, but it's crucial that we care and make an effort.
17. Repaired my relationship with my parents.
18. Got an article published in Yoga Journal.
19. Freed myself from the possessions in my life and home that do not bring me joy--thanks Marie Kondo!
20. Stayed true to myself through it all, whether it was my major in school, the person I chose to spend my life with, the type of wedding I chose to have or the career path I chose to take. Many people tried to influence my decisions and pressure me to do things their way but I remained steadfast in who I am and what I wanted--for that I have no regrets.
What are you proud to have done in your twenties?
Christina is a Los Angeles-based writer, photographer and marketing maven.